What is The New York Times?
Catch the latest in breaking headlines, world coverage, and multimedia from The New York Times. Dallas College provides a free, renewable, yearly access pass for all students, staff, and faculty to The New York Times, New York Times in Education and NYTimes mobile apps. To get started, follow the steps below.
How Do I Create a New York Times Pass?
Pass Activation & Login Instructions
The NYTimes Pass gives you access to The New York Times without your own personal subscription.
- Follow this link to the district sign in page for The New York Times Pass
- Login with your student, faculty or staff email address. Staff and faculty on campus will auto login.
- Click on Create Account. This lets you create a free account with your DCCCD email address.
- Enter your email address, then a password you want to associate with the NYT, and select student, staff or faculty.
- This account will create a one year pass to the NYT. You may set an option to renew the free pass in 1 year if you wish, but it's not required.
- After creating your pass, or if you already have one, go to NYTimes.com and login at the top right of the page!
Once activated, your NYTimes Pass can be used from any location until expiration and also grants access to NYTimes in Education which gives curated synopses, searchable subjects of study. and other exclusive content.
Need Help with New York Times?
Chat with a Librarian
Live chat with a librarian. Available during library hours of operation.
Email a Librarian
Complete this form to contact a librarian via email. Please allow 24 hours for a reply.