Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to do Inventory in Alma
Shelf Report Definitions
The Shelf Report tool runs the Shelf Report job that provides a report with the following information to help you identify where you have issues with your physical inventory:
- Number of items in place - Items in the input file with the status In place.
- Number of known items that are not in place - Items that were not in the input file with status Not in place.
- Number of items on the shelf but are marked not in place in the database - Items that were in the input file but with the status Not in place.
- Number of missing items that are marked in place in the database - Items that were not in the input file but with status In place.
- Number of items on the shelf but are out of the range specified or not in the set specified - Items with a barcode in the input file that match an item in inventory but the item is not in the range or set.
- Number of barcodes with no matched item in the database - Items with a barcode in the input file that do not match any items in inventory.
From the report results, you can access a robust set of options for managing your inventory. You can preview the items flagged in the report (from the Repository Search results page), create an itemized set of the items flagged in the report, or download a list of barcodes (for items with no match).